Dual Leak Detection
- Air - Red Hen Systems has a network of channel partners across the United States that have all the necessary supplemental type certifications and training to conduct emission detection surveys.
- Helicopter – Red Hen Systems contracts with helicopter owners and operators around the United States and Canada to provide excellent service and reports. The Pipe-I system can be mounted to these types of helicopters as well as others:
- Bell 206B3 JetRanger and LongRanger
- Robison: R44 Astro/Raven II and R66
- Airbus: AS350
- Airbus Twin Star: AS355
- If you do not operate one of the above helicopters or have an approved flight company who operates different makes and models, please, e-mail us at email@example.com with equipment information. We will respond within 24 hours with a set up plan.
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs): Red Hen technology is set up and configured to operate on UAVs/UAS/drones, however, these aerial vehicles are not yet practical for the Pipe-I dual detection system for a couple of reasons:
- Line of sight is currently required for UAV use, which means that the surveyor would only be able to survey 1 to 2 miles of pipeline from one location.
- The equipment currently used to perform the surveys weighs approximately 52 lbs., which requires a large, costly UAV with substantial power in order to perform reasonable distances.
- UAVs should be used in conjunction with Red Hen Systems hardware to perform route evaluations for determining the best location for new pipeline corridors and other short run geotagged video and photo needs.
- Truck: the BOREAL sensor will mount on any truck, SUV, or car that has a luggage rack, the vehicle window needs to be down in order to utilize the OGI camera. This is practical for facility surveys but not typically for pipeline surveys.
- Utility Terrain Vehicle (UTVs): Red Hen has the ability to perform pipeline corridor survey using UTVs if the proper brackets are fabricated on the UTV to hold the equipment. Please, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the approximate location, miles, and time frame if you are considering a UTV survey. Please, let us know if you will supply the UTV or if you would like Red Hen to operate turnkey.
Additional utilization for Red Hen pipeline surveys:
- Vegetation Management
- Erosion Control – critical structures
- Right of Way
- HCA – high consequence area survey / house count
- Route Evaluation
Red Hen Systems is Safety Certified!
First Aid and CPR
Optical Gas Imaging Thermographer
- Operation Qualification
- Operation Evaluator
- CPM Leak Detection : Operation,maintenance, testing,record keeping and dispatcher training of CPM leak detection system
- Inspect Navigable Waterway Crossing : inspection of navigable waterway crossing
- Leakage Survey : conducting leak survey with leak detection device
- Leakage Survey(Aerial) : conducting leak survey with leak detection device from aircraft
- Locate Line and Place/Maintain Line Markers : location of pipeline, installation of temporary markers, and placing maintaining of permanent pipeline markers
- Locate Line and Place/Maintain Line Markers(Submerged) : location and marking submerged pipelines
- Mapping/Surveying : Data collection for as-built drawings and other requirements
- Patrolling pipeline: patrolling pipeline and monitoring ROW encroachment
- Right of Way : Maintenance : Controlling right of way erosion
Bogdan Besfamylnyy obtained his certification through Veriforce and has been certified for:
- Veriforce - CCT 434 Visual Inspection of Installed Pipe and Components for Mechanical Damage (434)
- Veriforce - CCT 701 Patrolling Pipeline and Leakage Survey Without Instrument (701)
- Veriforce - CCT 725 Aerial Leakage Survey: Transmission (725)
- Veriforce - CCT 728 Aerial Leakage Survey: Transmission (UV/IR) (728)
Customize and geotag your leak detection data
- GasFinder AB
- Any color or IR/OGI camera
- Temperature and humidity gauge
- Air pressure gauge
- DP-IR (Heath)
- Ultraportable Greenhouse Gas Analyzer (Los Gatos Research)